Friday, February 15, 2008

One Love (Bob Marley)

This is fun to watch and listen to:


Yesterday was Valentine's Day...one of the most overhyped "holidays" in my view...maybe that says more about me than the day. To fight my inner cynic, I made a playlist on my iPod to play at work yesterday. I included all songs in my library that have the word "love" (or include it, aka "Lovely Rita) in their title. I was only moderately surprised to find that of my 4,000+ songs, 285 of them have a title containing those four letters - L-O-V-E.

If I go to iTunes and search on "love" I get a gazillion results.

My 285-song playlist included some classics and some funny results, that represent the spectrum of the human condition vis-a-vis the concept of love. A few examples:

What's Love Got to Do with It - Tina Turner
Love Hurts - Gram Parsons
Love Has No Pride - Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt
The One I Love - REM
Runaway Love - Ludacris
Love Shack - B 52's
Falling in Love Again - Billie Holiday and, of course,
Love is All You Need - The Beatles (Duh)

But the song that captures the vibe of what love really has to do with "it' is Bob Marley's One Love...and you can't help but sing along:

One Love!
One Heart!
Let's get together and feel all right.

No comments: